This is the first book haul I am posting on my blog. I have bought quite an impressive collection of books from the flora fountain, Mumbai in 900 INR only. These are the second-hand books. So these are the books I have purchased.
1) Mrityunjaya- The death conqueror by Shivaji Sawant :
Guys! This book is one of the best retellings of the Indian epic, Mahabharata. This book is precious as you can’t get the English version easily. And if you able to find this book, then the price goes around 1000 INR. I have bought this book in 400 INR and this book has gold plated pages. I wanted to read this book since a long time and luckily got it.
2) The Mysterious affair at styles, While the light lasts & Dumb witness by Agatha Christie:
I always look forward to reading Agatha Christie’s book. I have already read And then there were none, Murder on the orient express, The ABC murders. These books are priced 100 rupees each. I wanted to pick crooked house but didn’t find that. However, I am happy to add these books to my collection.
3) The room of many colors and The night train at Deoli by Ruskin Bond:
Ruskin Bond is one my favorite authors, and I luckily found these books in the shop. Each book is priced 100 which is quite cheap compare to buying the new book.
Why should you visit Flora fountain, Mumbai?
- These bookshops have books of every genre and that too in very good condition. You can even find various academic books.
- You can also buy new books over there that too in less price compare to online.
- The shopkeepers are very polite and know each book and author, you just have to name it and if the book is available then they will give you the copy instantly.
- You can also bargain and can get the discount. I did and get the books 100 INR each which were price 150.
- If you want, then you can return the books and get the half money back.
How to reach Flora fountain?
This place is 20 minutes’ walk distance from CSTM railways station. You can also hire a cab and tell them you want to go to the book shop at flora fountain.
Friends, do believe me this place is indeed a paradise for bookworms. If you ever get a chance to visit Mumbai or livings in Mumbai then do explore this place. It’s a great place for buying the second hand as well as new books. 🙂
Which are the best second-hand bookshops in your city? Kindly do mention in the comment section we would love to know. 🙂